DEFTECH currently operates from three main locations in Shah Alam, Pekan and Nilai.
Corporate Headquarters Section 15, Shah Alam, Selangor
DEFTECH corporate headquarters is located in all purpose built office complex at Section 15, Shah Alam. As a corporate headquarters, it houses all the Divisions and Departments that drives DEFTECH towards achieving its corporate goals. It also houses the Research & Development (R&D) and Engineering Division which are dedicated to develop new products for the commercial markets and support specialized vehicle, body and fabrication works. The facilities included:
· Covered factory area of 36,000 sq ft.
· Heavy duty workshop machines.
· Paint spray booth.
· Overhead cranes.
Defence and Security Manufacturing Division Pekan, Pahang
DEFTECH currently has a dedicated defence plant which was established in 2001. The plant is situated on a 25.6 acre site within the Peramu Jaya Industrial Estate, Pekan and has 216,500 sq ft of covered working area. The Plant has been fitted with resources and facilities and has the flexibility to undertake variety of different jobs at any one time. It is also fully equipped with resources which are capable of generating most of the production requirements in house.
Amongst the facilities available are:
· A test track for testing armoured vehicles and soft skinned vehicles both wheeled and tracked up to 60 tonnes Main Battle Tank complete with NATO standards obstacles.
· Flexible production areas that can cater for fabrication, maintenance, repair and overhaul works for all types of vehicles.
· Paint and sand blasting booth, 5 and 10 tonnes overhead cranes, shower test area, hoist, ramp, inspection pit, 8.5 tonnes portable lifter, security room for weapon and electronic equipment and the hard concrete standing area.
· Warehouse with requisite facilities for stock and distribution of spare parts nationwide.
· Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system for all aspects of operations and management activities.
· After sales and services repair area and training classroom.
Defence Services Sdn Bhd (DSSB), Nilai, Negeri Sembilan
DEFTECH’s subsidiary, DSSB was established as a division of MMC Engineering Services in 1987. It eventually evolved into a fully owned subsidiary known as MMC Defence Sdn Bhd (MMCD) since year 2001. MMCD pioneered and maintained leadership of armoured vehicles maintenance, repair, refurbishment and upgrade solution vendor to the Malaysian Armed Forces.
DSSB is located in Nilai Industrial Estate, Negeri Sembilan where it has a dedicated plant equipped to cater for the 3rd and 4th Line Maintenance of the Army’s fleet of armoured vehicles. The workshop facilities and equipment available at Nilai amongst others are as follows:
· 2 main hangars for repair and assembly: 50,000 sq ft with 10 and 20 tonnes overhead cranes.
· Dust free electronic workshop.
· Engine and transmission repair and testing area.
· 400kW eddy current dynamometer.
· Electrical and electronic repair area.
· Shot blasting, painting booth and welding shop.
New Extension, Upgrading and Refurbishment of DEFTECH plants in Pekan, Nilai and Shah Alam.
In preparation of the AV8 programme, DEFTECH is now in the midst of upgrading its infrastructures and facilities to support and to diversify its production, engineering facilities, M&E services including improving the security system, larger PPC storage complete with racking system, MRO and administrative block.